Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ruffled Roses BOM - 2


Ruffled Roses
Block of the Month by Sue Graman & TQS  (The Quilt Show)

Update on my BOM
I have been working on getting all of the applique
secure.
Even though I did fuse the design down it doesn't stay.
So I machine appliqued the stems and leaves down,
this style of applique is call...Raw Edge Applique
because you leave the raw edge showing.  
I am trying to decide how I will quilt this on the longarm.
I was going to machine stitch the flowers also, but did not like the outcome.
Being a Crazy Quilter I decided to
 secure the flowers
with a blanket stitch, using 3 strands of embroidery floss.
Also the heart.
And the little berries, with french knots in the middle, 33 of them.
Next step is to add the setting triangles.  

The next set of instructions begin Feb 1.
I am try to keep on track.

Thank you for coming over,
I hope you will follow the progress of this 
beautiful quilt.

God's Blessing to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And with that commission quilt, are you going to find time to do a new part? Your block looks great. Good for you for keeping up!